2018-19 Advanced Class
ECR is holding an Advanced class this year. If you are interested in learning Advanced (and are already a dancing at the Plus level and comfortable with both boy and girl roles), contact one of the callers or any Board member and let them know. You may also sign up on PayPal to reserve a place in the class.
Advanced Class Details
- Summary: This is a 30-week class for Plus dancers wishing to learn Advanced (and Advanced dancers needing a refresher). The class replaces our current Tuesday night Advanced program.
- Objective: By the end of this class you will be able to dance all the calls on the Callerlab A1 and A2 program and understand the related rules and concepts.
- Prerequisites: You must be able to dance Plus level or higher. Taking the APD/DBD workshop (see below) is highly recommended but not mandatory.
- Instructors: Rotating ECR staff callers Kurt Gollhardt, Dave Decot, Michael Levy, with occasional guest instructors.
- Dates: Tuesday evenings beginning November 13, 2018, ending June 18, 2019,
- Time: 7:30 to 9:30 pm. There will be a half hour review session before the class from 7:00 to 7:30 most evenings.
- Location: St. Andrews United Methodist Church in Palo Alto.
- Cost: $240, payable at the start of class. You may also pay in two installments of $125 each. Second installment will be due March 5, 2019. Taking the class guarantees you a place in a square and attention from the instructors. Pay by check, cash, or use the PayPal button.
- Angels welcome! If you already dance Advanced, come out and help the new students. You may pay $8/night at the door or at the current subscription rate of $56 for eight weeks.
To sign up for the class, pre-pay by PayPal, sign up at an ECR club night, or send an email to email@example.com.