Club e-mail list
El Camino Reelers has an e-mail list for club members and friends who want to stay informed about club activities. ECR-talk is a forum for announcements, general club information, notices about other clubs' events, and occasional topical discussions.All ECR members are automatically enrolled in ECR-talk. Non-members may ask to be added to the list. Any ECR-talk member may send messages to the entire list.
ECR-talk is generally very low traffic and is usually the best way to stay informed.
5/5/18: ECR-talk has a new service provider
Everyone previously subscribed to ECR-talk has been moved to the new service. To send a message to everyone on the new list, address it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only subscribed members can send messages to this list.
The tools below are to help you manage your subscription. If you were on the old Stanford-based list, you are already subscribed and do not need to subscribe here.
The old Stanford-based list has been decommissioned. Our thanks to Stewart Kramer for his many years of managing ECR-talk.
Questions, problems? Contact email@example.com
Charter and Bylaws
General Membership Meeting
ECR held its annual Membership Meeting on Wednesday, December 6, 2017. The club's by-laws require that the Board hold a meeting at least once per year to present financial information and other general information to the members of the club.
Other items of note:
- Starting in January, the door fee for Wednesday nights will go up to $8 ($7 with an 8-week subscription), the same as Tuesdays.
- Friday potluck door fees will also go up to $8. (We're looking for a new name to replace "$5 Friday").
- Members voted unanimously to raise the door fee for Saturday dances to $12 for guests, $10 for ECR members.
- Members also voted to purchase a new club banner, to be paid for by generous donations from Craig and Kim.
- We will be holding a Holiday Party, recognizing December birthdays and featuring an Ugly Sweater contest, on Wednesday, December 20.
- The club will hold a weekend Blast Class on January 27-28.
ECR distributes a membership roster in PDF format for the use of members (full members and students) only. People are only listed on the roster if they choose to be, and can opt out of showing specific information (e.g., home address) by indicating this on the registration form or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosters are distributed by email in December to paid-up members, and a current one can be requested at any time by contacting email@example.com.
The roster is not stored on the ECR web server, so it is not visible to search engines. Please respect our members' privacy and don't re-post it on other sites.
The club also encourages members to post profiles on the IAGSDC website . This allows our members to post photos of themselves if they wish, and indicate if they belong to more than one club. You will need to register with IAGDSC to see the roster. If you have ever attended an IAGSDC Convention, you probably have at least a skeleton IAGSDC profile already.